when she said, “you don’t need me to be in the class do you?” i felt like doing a happy dance as i didn’t have to worry that she would change my lesson plan..so i managed to do some listening activities with the class though i had some difficulties with the technology before starting the activities..ah well, we managed somehow 🙂 the kids were happy with what they’re doing and i was happy too because i helped them learn the enjoyable way..most importantly, what i used was the closest to authenticity – the best that i could find..
we had majlis khatam quran yesterday followed by an iftaar after that..i had good companies but overall, i didn’t really enjoy participating on the events put up by the schools..i mean, phew~i have plenty of reasons to not liking to join the events but let’s just say, i’d rather keep them to myself..but one that i can share, i just don’t like seeing the students looking at the teachers who were having way proper meals than what they’re having..unfair, don’t you think..?so if we can’t afford to pay for the same food to all of the students, would it kill you to enjoy what they’re having..?older people are mean sometimes..*sigh~*
1) when she said she might be coming in late, she meant – no, i won’t be coming..
2) it is highly likely for the school to be running out of toner for the printers..and do not expect to find printers with toner in other departments..even the photocopier is inaccessible..
3) authentic classroom – things can go wrong all at once..suddenly the DVD player is having some sort of a heart attack, the LCD projector is speaking a foreign language, the plug point is undergoing a surgery..and no! the speaker is suffering from TB that it loses its voice..and one of your students is needing a medical attention but you can’t leave the classroom unattended..and yes, your mentor teacher wouldn’t be understanding your situation and questions back why would you need such support and resources for your teaching..
4) teachers, we need 2 or 3 back up plans..
5) marking essays..all the best teachers..how you wish you’re only teaching basic writing to little kids..at least all they write are alphabets..small or in capitals..not some unintelligible combination of English words..
6) unmotivated teachers and very limited resources..tell me how can i help, please..i really want to..
i was in the car with Shanes the other day when we saw a lady driver was talking to her little son, who was standing instead of sitting at the front seat..so we went like “no..we’re so not gonna let that to happen..”
here’s a note to myself..if i should have a child, i would find a child’s car seat, so they’d sit safely at the back.. remind me if i forget..*tho i always hate couples with little kids as they would get very busy setting up the seat for their babies and able to board the plane before everyone else*
sorry i didn’t keep my promise but before i knew it it’s not for me to control anymore..i’d find time to do what i’ve promised..please don’t throw away the paper planes just yet..
i came across an ad from a friend’s facebook yesterday..and here’s the same ad i’d like to share with you..of the extra miles that a teacher would go in helping their students..made me wonder if i could ever do the same..
1) i’ve been writing a lot about my T.E and helplessly, relationship related posts..i really should be getting some reads..so i can make this blog breathe again..seriously T.E and relationship are consuming a huge amount of my emotions i feel like suffocating..
2) raya is coming soon and i really can’t make a decision that could favour dad..i really don’t feel belonged to my other side of family and after a few years now, i really wish i could spend a long raya break with the other side..dear dad, i really wish you could understand and i’m terribly sorry..i’ll go there for raya haji, ya..
3) i’m still so amused with the little kids i’m teaching..they are very cute little boys walking on small feet wearing seluar pinggang getah that the belt they used serves no purpose at all..the bag pack they’re carrying still look oversized compared to their little, underdeveloped figure..i mean, hey~they are just too adorable to be in form one or form two even..seriously kids, are you sure you should be learning all these complex grammatical rules and not go back to kindie or primary school..?haha..they make me feel old..and yes, they make me feel like having my own little boy 🙂
4) i really feel like i need a break and being an intern now really curbs the amount of money i should be spending..let’s just say, alright..i’ll save for now..and when condition permits, i’ll spend it where i want to be the most nevermind the cost..question is..?haha..am i being realistic now..?
5) i’ve really been looking for this year’s ramadan and i’ve been expecting several sessions of iftaar with the girls but until now *almost reaching the third week* non of our plans is successful..em, we’re growing up..we now have different commitments and expectations so yeah, we need to make family as our priority..we know we’re missing each other and yes, we’re still making plans..hopefully we can gather for iftaar at least once, this year..dear begum, tahun ni last ok kau nak buka puasa dengan kitorang dan masih berstatus single..tahun depan puasa kau dah tak single ok~!!!
sometimes learning aides are just unnecessary if you’re good in prompting the students to come up with the target vocab..or if your students are well versed with the subject and if the contents are highly related to their background knowledge..so if this should happen to your class, it’s better for you to focus on the activities to make learning more engaging and enjoyable..
and i will only get my feedback sheet tomorrow as my associate teacher is busy herself as she would in turn be observed by her superior..all the best dear associate teacher 🙂